This Yogurt Cake was moist and had the consistency of a pound cake but was not greasy in the least bit. The lemony flavor was very nice. I’ve also made it with vanilla extract and vanilla yogurt instead of lemon and my family loves it even more. Good, versatile recipe. This is a great recipe if you have yogurt in your fridge that needs to be used before it expires.
I find that using a KitchenAid Stand Mixer to really beat the margarine/sugar till really creamy, and the same when adding the eggs, I can increase the flour or cut down the number of eggs. The point of all this is that this recipe is a very forgiving recipe. It’s delicious, a pretty color, lovely texture, and light (lighter than a traditional pound cake in my opinion but nonetheless excellent). Rather than use a Bundt pan, I made it in two loaf pans so that I could put one in the freezer. In spite of the two pans, they each still took about 1.5 hours to bake. After an hour at 325, I raised the temp to 350 and next time I’ll start it at 350. I’ll be making this again.
So moist, so delicious, truly amazing. Extremely quick and easy to make.
Prep 20 m
Cook 1 h
Ready In 1 h 30 m
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the butter mixture; add lemon extract with last egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Alternately mix in the flour mixture and the yogurt, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.