Best Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake
Sure, classic cheesecake is delicious. But PUMPKIN cheesecake? Now that’s a dessert worthy of your Thanksgiving table. The gingersnap and graham cracker crust are actually genius, and that shimmering layer of caramel is the literal icing on the cheesecake.
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 mins
Total Time: 5 hours 40 mins
- 3/4 c. graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 c. gingersnaps, crushed
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- 3 (8-oz.) bars cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice, plus more for garnish
- Warm caramel, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Chopped, toasted pecans, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325° with a rack in the middle position. Grease an 8” springform pan with cooking spray.
Make crust: In a large bowl, add cookie and graham cracker crumbs. Stir in butter, granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt and mix until well combined. Press crust into bottom of pan.
Meanwhile, make cheesecake batter: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined, then beat in flour, pumpkin spice, and ¼ tsp. salt. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust.
Double-wrap outside of pan in aluminum foil, making sure to cover the bottom. Place pan in a large baking dish, place the baking dish in the oven, and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake until only slightly jiggly in center, 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes.
With oven door propped open, turn oven off and let cool 1 hour in the oven. Remove from water bath and discard foil, then refrigerate cheesecake until cooled completely, at least 3 hours or overnight.
Garnish with a layer of caramel and a few dollops of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake. Sprinkle all over with pecans and more pumpkin pie spice.