This was an excellent cake. Very moist and great texture. Mild lemony flavor in the cake. The glaze was what was really lemony about this.
A sunny lemon-flavored cake is just the dessert to brighten up a gray winter day (or any day). Lemon provides a nice zing in every bite. A light glaze gives the tall, golden cake a delicate crust.”
The cake itself turned out perfectly. I didn’t use my mixer on this just a big bowl and wooden spoon. Everyone liked this one a lot, I got lots of compliments.
Citrus Glazed Bundt Cake
15 min Prep Time
55 min Cook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix and lemon pudding mix until combined.
- Whisk in orange juice, vegetable oil, eggs and lemon extract until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together orange juice, sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour glaze over top of bundt cake.
- Cut into slices and serve.