Cool and refreshing like the orange cream frozen treat. Great for picnics, travels well. Very easy to make.. I have made this for several social functions, and it always disappears very quickly. I brought it to a club function & had many people asking me for the recipe (even men). I have since found the Orange Cake Mix & made it both ways but prefer the white cake mix the best.
Creamy Orange Cake
Prep 15 m
Cook 35 m
Ready In 2 h 20 m
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 9×13 inch pan. Poke holes in cake while still hot with the round handle of a wooden spoon.
In a medium bowl, make gelatin with only 1 cup of boiling water. Pour liquid gelatin over cake while hot. Cool cake completely.
In a medium bowl, make vanilla instant pudding with only 1 cup of milk. Stir in vanilla and orange extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over cake. Refrigerate cake for 1 hour before serving.