Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
This Pumpkin Sheet Cake is an EXCELLENT recipe!! The cake was very moist, flavorful & easy to make. It got rave reviews from my husband & his friends.
I sent this recipe to all of my sisters after I made it for my husbands, everyone in my family( I have 5 sisters) makes this recipe now-they just love it. My youngest sisters friends arrived unexpected to her house the next day after she brought it to a party and they demanded the recipe…It is an awesome recipe!!
I’m not sure how many times I was asked for the recipe. I will definitely make this again. I also doubled the icing and used half of it for something else, but I mixed it with unsweetened WHIPPED cream, and it was really fluffy and yummy)
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Prep 30 m
Cook 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, 2 cups white sugar, and oil. Add eggs, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat until well blended. Pour batter into a greased 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter or margarine, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, and mix well. Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake, and sprinkle with nuts.